So, I’m getting up to my exams and stuff now, which is the reason for the lack of posting. Once this is all over, I’ll be free to post as much as I like, but at the moment I haven’t got enough time to write many reviews or anything. Just thought I’d let everyone know, so they don’t think that Kooloo-Limpah is dead, which it definitely isn’t. Oh, and I will still be updating every now and again, but not nearly as often as I’d like. I’ll do my best though
For those of you who use Steam, I’m sure you’ve all seen the sale that’s been going for the last two weeks or so, called the Perils of Summer sale. Pretty much every game in the shop is on sale in one way or another, plus, every day even more sales are announced which change daily. If you have absolutely no idea what to get, let me help you out:
- Introversion Complete Pack ($5). This 4-game anthology of Introversion’s critically acclaimed, revolutionary, genre-defying games has been reduced from $40 to $5, which is cheap for even just one of the four games in the pack, let alone all four. Contains: Uplink, Darwinia, Multiwinia, and DEFCON.
- Defense Grid: The Awakening ($5). This is the game that converted me to the world of tower defence games. Easy on the surface, ball-bustingly difficult deeper in, you’ll be playing it for hours. I’ve only had it for a week, and already I’ve got 20 hours out of it.
- Team Fortress 2 ($13). This is really a no-brainer. If you haven’t got it, get it now, even though you really should have it already. Definitely a must buy.
- Civilization III Gold ($3.50). One of the best strategy games of all time from one of the greatest PC franchises of all time, Civ III broke all barriers when it was first released. Not as good as Civ IV, but if you can’t afford the $30 asking price for Civ IV Gold, then III is your next best bet.
We still have one more day left, in which I’m hoping we see a further discount on The Witcher. If not, I’m going to buy it anyway, but it’d be nicer to get it for cheaper.
Personally, on the first day of the sale, I went through and picked up about $30 worth of interesting looking, $1-5 games and multi-game packs, and came away with:
- 1C Racing Megapack ($5), with 4×4 Hummer, A.I.M. Racing, Classic Car Racing, Death Track: Resurrection, GM Rally, Streets of Moscow.
- Alpha Prime ($1.50)
- And Yet It Moves ($5)
- Brian Lara International Cricket 2007 ($1.70)
- Chrome + Specforce Bundle ($2)
- Full Pipe ($1.25)
- Indigo Prophecy ($3)
- Introversion Complete Pack ($5), with Uplink, Darwinia, Multiwinia, DEFCON
- Port Royale 2 ($1.30)
I also picked up a whole bunch of games from the daily sales, like Street Fighter IV for $10, Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising for $5, and Star Wars: The Force Unleashed for $7.50.
If you haven’t been keeping up, sucked in to you. But with the few deals I mentioned right on the top, you too can come away a winner